Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"Unnatural Disaster"

 
(Vatchi): Sotto, it's alright. You don't have to say anything now. Sometimes it is best to just listen. Let Jim talk on and on. It may help him. I guess it's helping him to let it out in whatever form.




    I don't remember which hospital I was taken to. I don't remember how long I was there. I don't remember how I got to Jane's house, what I used for money, where I went, how I got there, how much time had passed.

    Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

    Time passed, shit happened. Nothing happened. A jigsaw puzzle with half the pieces missing.
I hid in my disease so Bob couldn't find me. This makes no sense, I know. I guess I was delusional. I hid in my disease, a fortress against the reality of my potential murder.

    I hid in my disease because I felt safe there. The safety of insanity.

 

from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 31)


No comments:

Post a Comment