Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"Sweet Oblivion, Pretty Poison"

(Vatchi): Sotto, that's why the support of others is so critical in recovery. Without support, especially, I guess, for people like Jim, that half fear, half-prayer could turn into a full shot glass.

    Solitude can turn to loneliness without that support that Jim is finding in his AA meetings. Loneliness can be a big trigger. Alcohol separated him from the world in his addiction and loneliness can take him back out there.
    Who doesn't pack vodka?
    I have to stop right here. My sister, Betty, blew her brains out with a shotgun.
    So her body wasn't at her funeral.
    Who doesn't pack?
    I have to stop here.
    Who doesn’t?
    I have to... stop.
 
from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 44)

1 comment:

  1. James you're a strong person I'm so proud of you I care for you don't ever forget it.

    -Mario

    ReplyDelete