Saturday, March 16, 2013

"Simon Says Stay Sober"


   I guess time doesn’t travel in a straight line for alcoholics like me. Time travels in circles, like I did when looking for my car that final day after that final night before.

   Time does travel in a straight line for police. And police cars travel in a straight line when you call 911 at six o’ clock and ask them whether it is six AM or six PM because you have just awoken from a binge.
 
(Sotto): Vatchi, I’m beginning to see how Jim’s biography has no time sequence. He’s not saying, “I did this and then this happened. And I did that and then that happened.” Time is like, “SPLAT!”-Shot from a paint gun. No dates. No consecutive order. Random chaos. Ping-pong balls shot through the tube in a State Lottery drawing.

    “And the Powerball number is…Alcohol!” from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 52) 

No comments:

Post a Comment