Friday, March 22, 2013

"Inject Me Slowly, Truth"


    When I first got sober, I tended bar for one solid year. It was a year, anyway. And apparently, not too solid, or I would not have relapsed.

    Some people can get sober and tend bar and stay sober. Obviously, I couldn’t. And now, I wouldn’t even want to: The thrill is gone.

    Partly being sober. Partly growing older. Maybe growing up? Hopefully, growing up.

    “Forty Year Old Virgin”? Try this: Sixty Year Old Teenager.

(Vatchi): He lives in a liquid/solid dream world, skating on thin ice. "A solid year sober." Not a very funny pun.

    I don't know if his self-esteem has returned yet, but it seems his 'steam' has. See? I can be punny, too, Sotto.


from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 63)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment