Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Monkey Frocks"

   Time takes time. One shuffle replaces another. One relapse replaces another. Finally sober, sustained sobriety, and "Bolero" by Ravel weaves through my mind, melodious and gentle. The cool breeze of its wind instruments mindful of my sobriety's harmony.
   Chaos is not gone, but the insane chaos of being in the drink is now a memory to be remembered only, not relived.
   Shuffle me sober. Monkey frock sober and then some. Not numb. Hum.
 
Evening Meditation:
   One day at a time sobriety somehow has me feeling lost, directionless, rudderless. That feeling, that looking for a drink feeling, sometimes returns, even when it's not a drink I'm looking for. Some purpose, any purpose can keep me moving forward. There are many different kinds of 'one day at a time' and they're not all good.
   “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
Maya Angelou
 
Question for Today:
 
 
   Does your pulse know the difference between fears real and fears imagined?
from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 67)


No comments:

Post a Comment