Monday, March 18, 2013

"Finding Peace"

Morning Meditation:


    To me, “One Day at a Time” has come to mean a lifelong daily commitment to recovery. It took me many days to learn that daily commitment to sobriety is both necessary and rewarding.


   No Doctor ever questioned me about my drinking habits. No stern warnings. Too many times I'd wind up in the emergency room, fill out papers and sit there or fall asleep, or get sent to detox or get hospitalized or... or... or... Dozens of dead ends, "Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired." That's how you hear it at an A.A. meeting.

    Whale-watching in Provincetown: The beauty and grace of these huge animals gliding to the surface, diving, reemerging. So unlike my resurfacing from a blackout in a hospital emergency room.


from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 57)

No comments:

Post a Comment