Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Alcoholic, Straight or Iced

    The benign indifference of the guru is what I sought when I was younger. But, first, apathy and depression set up their roadblocks. After time, many years, let's say, it didn't matter whether my emotions or circumstances mademe drink more or whether my drinking caused my emotions and circumstances to mutate. It doesn't matter how you cut the cake: it's still a cake. And I'm an alcoholic, straight or iced.  
(Vatchi): Where can one find home when the very foundation of self has been washed away? The luggage is empty or there is no luggage. No children to go home to. No "where have you been?" from family. Nowhere to go and he does not know all the places where he has been.

    Sotto, Jim is the lost child who does not know he's lost. A drink in his hand is worth nothing in the bush. And nowhere to go.

    Ten thousand nights.

    Ten thousand conspiracies of silence.

from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 37)



No comments:

Post a Comment