Sunday, February 17, 2013

"You are Eve Before the Apple and I am Adam After the Fall"

(Surimi): Facts don't fill an empty heart, Vatchi. That's what I hear, Vatchi. I hear not so much his lack of understanding, Sotto, but his desire to understand more. There's a talent to listening, too, Sotto, and at least I feel that desire in Jim.
 
    He speaks well enough to open my heart, Sotto. Listen well. You might learn lessons from him that even he has yet to learn.
 
    This is the nature of discourse, of inspiration, coincidence and very good unintended consequences.
 
    The good, unintended consequences of sobriety.
 
    Are you listening now, Sotto? Not so much survivor's guilt as his voice as survivor. The knife, the gun, the alcohol as weapon. He shut himself off and now sober he is slowly opening himself up.
 
 
 
from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment