Monday, February 25, 2013

"Triple-Digit Drunk"

    "A mind stretched by a new idea never shrinks back to its original dimensions."
Oliver Wendell Holmes


Morning Meditation:

    At some point, I reached the point where using only served the purpose of postponing withdrawal. Is that what pointless means?

    Breathing with my head turned sideways on the exhale, only breathing inward when I faced someone directly. I had to try different kinds of breathing exercises after my usual heavy nights of drinking. I no longer got hangovers, but hoped to be the Zen master of deceit, bad breath-wise. Turn head. Exhale. Face person again, inhaling only. Speak. Get a concerned look on my face, as if I was listening. No morning meetings. Do not schedule any morning meetings, if possible. Turn head away. Exhale. 

   Who did I think I was kidding?

from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 24) 



No comments:

Post a Comment