Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"Fossilized"



 

   The illusion of escape. The biggest magic trick of all. Ossified, fossilized. Rational eyes, rational lies. Crumbs of whimsy, crumbs of whimsy. I'm done. Fossil-fucked by alcohol.

                     Evening Meditation:
                                                                                           
    Only twice did I ever stand outside a liquor store waiting for it to open, literally sweating those last few minutes before the doors finally opened. Open, damn it! I measured my life in pints instead of hours. Only twice I stood outside waiting. But it could have been (and really was) 10,000 days.


    “Life is too important to be taken seriously.”
Oscar Wilde
 from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 17)




No comments:

Post a Comment