Monday, April 1, 2013

"This is Where We Find Ourselves"


(Vatchi): Jim is sober at last. This is where he starts over, Sotto. This is where his life begins, Sotto. This is where the future is now, Sotto. This is where we find ourselves, Sotto. This is now. This is today. This is sober.
 
    False comfort in a cigarette. False comfort in a drink. False comfort in a Southern Comfort. Just don't let me think.
 
    "Obliterate me," I would sometimes think. And, thought or not, obliteration was the usual result. Cause or no cause, the effect was always the same. Drinking is a game I cannot win. Drinking I cannot. False comfort. False comfort. I slid down the drain. Down and out.
 
(Surimi): There is no starting over. Or there is only starting over. He has been through all this. He has survived this insanity. All of this.

A star explodes. This end is this beginning.

from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 78)


No comments:

Post a Comment