Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"Catch the Beat, Dance your Feet"


(Surimi): The insane optimism of attributing any artistic merit to the results of drugs and alcohol. Such a delusion, illusion, insanity. A cultural myth, an addiction myth.
 
   The chemical mistress dominates. Song of the Siren.
 
   Persevere the "pink cloud". The insane optimisms of the newly sober eventually level out, even out, balance out.
 
   Cultivate a realistic optimism, Jim.
 
   He can do this, Sotto. Without regret, Vatchi.
 
   Catch the beat, dance my feet to where sobriety is (on my way to a meeting). Catch the beat, dance my feet... sober in my mind. I never could have guessed this.
 
   Catch the beat.
 
   Dance your feet. To here. To now.
 
from All Drinking Aside (Rough Draft, Day 83)

No comments:

Post a Comment